SEAI Insulation Grants

About the Grant

Insulation is a key step in making your home more comfortable and energy efficient. These grants will help you to insulate your walls and attic to reduce heat loss and your heating bills. Learn about the grant values and how to apply.

Grant Values for Insulation

Each individual grant offers a fixed value.

Grant Name Description Types of Home Value
Attic insulation Often the most cost effective upgrade made to a house. Apartment (any)
Semi-detached or end of terrace
Detached house
Cavity wall insulation Cavity walls are injected from the outside with insulation. Apartment (any)
Semi-detached or end of terrace
Detached house
Internal Insulation (Dry Lining) Insulation boards are fixed to the inside of external walls. Apartment (any)
Semi-detached or end of terrace
Detached house
External Wall Insulation (The Wrap) Insulating materials are fixed to the outer surface of external walls. Apartment (any)
Semi-detached or end of terrace
Detached house

Guides to Insulation

Learn more about the different types of insulation for your home. You can also download our homeowner's guides to insulation. They will give you all the information you need about creating a cosier home.

Homeowner’s Guide to Attic and Rafter Insulation
Homeowner’s Guide to Wall Insulation
Homeowner’s Guide to Ventilation

Who Can Apply

All homeowners, including landlords, whose homes were built and occupied before 2011 can apply. This is defined as the date your electricity meter was installed.

Grant funding can only be issued once per property for each type of works. This means that any property which previously availed of wall insulation via the Better Energy Homes scheme, or any other government scheme, cannot receive additional support for further wall insulation works.

Before You Apply

Building Regulations (Part L)

Part L of the Building Regulations require that after any alteration to a minimum of 25% of your home’s surface area, either:

• your home achieves a minimum B2 BER rating
• your heating system and attic insulation comply with the Building Regulation standards

If you are applying for an SEAI grant for External or Internal Wall Insulation you are required to comply with these Building Regulations as a condition of your grant payment.

Planning Considerations

In some cases external insulation may require planning permission. For example with protected structures, in architectural conservation areas or where the works result in an alteration to the front profile of the property. Please check with your registered contractor or local planning authority.

Planning permission is not required for internal or cavity insulation.

How to Apply

Contact us by filing in the form below or by reaching out to us on Phone or Email (also provided below) and we will apply on your behalf.

Contact Us

For free estimates call or email us.

Head Office



Co. Monaghan

A91 EF82

Contact Info

Mobile: 00353 87 95 37 426

ROI Tel: 00353 42 93 78 470

NI Tel: 028 30 442 588


Newry Branch

8 Keady Road

Cornonagh, Crossmaglen

Newry, Co. Down

BT35 9EL

Leave us a message